Greek Salad Skewers! These skewers are the perfect meal if you are looking for something light and delicious! They only take a few minutes to make and work great if you are on-the-go. Because they look great, they are also perfect for parties! Would you like to try out more healthy recipes? Visit [the recipe page] and select [Truthful Living Menu] under [Meals]. This recipe is one of the Truthful Living Recipe options. Are you interested in reading more about Truthful Living Recipes and what Truthful Living is all about? Check out some of the [Truthful Living articles].
If you have any dietary restrictions, always check the labels on the products you are using to make this recipe with. They will tell you if, for instance, your ingredient might contain traces of nuts, your products are made with dairy or if there is a chance the ingredients have come into contact with gluten-containing food or equipment.
Would you like to know more about what to look for when you are buying your products while you have dietary restrictions or preferences? Are you preparing food for someone who does? Check out my articles on [Food and Health] and learn more!
Do you like the Greek Salad Skewers recipe? Please share it or leave a comment and follow Truthful Food on social media so that you won’t miss out on anything new and delicious!
- 80 g Grape Tomatoes - Two per skewer.
- 60 g Black Olives - Two per skewer.
- 150 g Cucumber - Two pieces per skewer.
- 100 g Feta Cheese - [See good to know section.]
- 6 Skewers
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 5 g Fresh Garlic - One large clove.
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Oregano - [See good to know section.]
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Basil
Other things you need
- Food Scale
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Cutting Knife
- Garlic Press
- Whisk - A fork will work too.
- Weigh your ingredients.
- Wash the fresh ingredients.
- Cut the ingredients into cubes and parts.
- Slide the ingredients onto the skewers in an alternating fashion.
- Place the skewers on a plate.
- Use a garlic press to crush the garlic. If you do not have a garlic press, cut the garlic into very small pieces.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix them.
- Drizzle the dressing over your Greek Salad Skewers and enjoy!
Good to know
- Storing: Make sure to store your salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator if you are not eating all of it right away.
- Shelf life: The salad will stay good for a few days if stored correctly.
- Vegan: Use vegan feta or tofu.
- Oregano: You can also use dried oregano but fresh oregano will taste better.
- Tip: Not all tomatoes and olives are the same size. Keep in mind that the nutritional information will vary, based on the weight of the olives and tomatoes.
- Tip: Ideally you should prepare the salad right before you eat it.
- Using fresh fruits and vegetables: Make sure to wash fruits and vegetables that do not require peeling.
Nutritional Information per Portion
Know What You Eat
Both when buying food or when making your own, it is important to inform yourself about the nutritional value. Have a look at the nutrition label, learn about your serving size and what nutrients this product will bring to the table.
If you want to compare different products and their values, it is easier to look at a label where the values are given per 100 grams. This way you get a better understanding of the categories certain products belong to when it comes to nutritional values. Is this a product with a high sugar content? Does it contain a lot of fibre? How does this product measure up if I am looking to stick to a low-sodium diet?
Keep in mind that if you are looking to eat healthily, you should not just avoid eating fat and/or sugar. We need both in our daily diet. Make sure however to be aware of where you get your lipids and sugars from. As a rule of thumb, you could say; variation is very important in your diet and in general, the closer your food is to come straight from the source, the better.
If you want to read more about healthy food choices, check out my article [Healthy Food Choices]. Truthful Food also has a continuously growing article category solely focusing on specific ingredients and nutrients for everyone who wants to take a closer look at what you can find in your food.
*All given nutritional information is an indication. Due to differences in how ingredients are produced, where they are purchased and how the recipe is prepared, nutritional values may vary.
Leave a Reply