Walnut Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates! Well, to be more accurate, Walnut Stuffed MAPLE Bacon Wrapped Dates. While living in Canada for several years, I have come to appreciate maple syrup in a way that I never thought I would. In an attempt to find a magical way to win over the hearts of the of Canadians crossing my path, I have found three things that will guarantee results:
- Be kind.
- Offer delicious baked goods.
- Know how to combine maple and bacon and make it into an hors-d’oeuvre.
Try it. It will work. Because everything just tastes better when you add some maple syrup!
If you have any dietary restrictions, always check the labels on the products you are using to make this recipe with. They will tell you if, for instance, your ingredient might contain traces of nuts, your products are made with dairy or if there is a chance the ingredients have come into contact with gluten-containing food or equipment.
Would you like to know more about what to look for when you are buying your products while you have dietary restrictions or preferences? Are you preparing food for someone who does? Check out my articles on [Food and Health] and learn more!
Do you like the Walnut Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates recipe? Please share it or leave a comment and follow Truthful Food on social media so that you won’t miss out on anything new and delicious!
Let’s Make Some Good Food!
Nutritional Information per Portion
- 5 Maple Bacon
- 10 Medjool Dates – [See good to know section.]
- 10 Halves Toasted Walnuts
- 5 Dash Dried Ground Cinnamon – This is optional. [See good to know section.]
Other things you need
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Oven Mitts
- Cutting Board
- Cutting Knife
- 10 Toothpick
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius or 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut open the dates and remove the pits.
- Stuff all the dates with a walnut half
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap each half around a stuffed date.
- Push a toothpick through each wrapped date and place the wrapped date on the cookie sheet.
- Bake the Walnut Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates for [recipe-timer minutes=15]15 minutes[/recipe-timer].
- Let the Walnut Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates cool down for a bit and enjoy!
Good to know
- Storing: Make sure to store your dates in an airtight container in the refrigerator if you are not eating all of them right away.
- Shelf life: The dates will stay good for a few days if stored correctly. However, they should ideally be eaten within an hour of coming out of the oven.
- Working with dates: The taste and the mouthfeel of the dates are important. Make sure the dates you use are ripe. That means they should be soft when you squeeze them, and sticky on the inside when you cut them open.
- Organic: To make this recipe organic, only use organic ingredients.
- Cinnamon: If you like, you can rub a dash of ground cinnamon into the bacon before you wrap it around the stuffed date.
Know What You Eat
Both when buying food or when making your own, it is important to inform yourself about the nutritional value. Have a look at the nutrition label, learn about your serving size and what nutrients this product will bring to the table.
If you want to compare different products and their values, it is easier to look at a label where the values are given per 100 grams. This way you get a better understanding of the categories certain products belong to when it comes to nutritional values. Is this a product with a high sugar content? Does it contain a lot of fibre? How does this product measure up if I am looking to stick to a low-sodium diet?
Keep in mind that if you are looking to eat healthily, you should not just avoid eating fat and/or sugar. We need both in our daily diet. Make sure however to be aware of where you get your lipids and sugars from. As a rule of thumb, you could say; variation is very important in your diet and in general, the closer your food is to come straight from the source, the better.
If you want to read more about healthy food choices, check out my article [Healthy Food Choices]. Truthful Food also has a continuously growing article category solely focusing on specific ingredients and nutrients for everyone who wants to take a closer look at what you can find in your food.
*All given nutritional information is an indication. Due to differences in how ingredients are produced, where they are purchased and how the recipe is prepared, nutritional values may vary.