Are you one of those people at risk of only eating bread with butter at a barbeque? I am. Especially when my Mum’s Garlic Butter is sitting right in front of me. I have to warn you though, it is REAL garlic butter which means that you probably shouldn’t go on a first date after you have had some. If you do, bring the butter and some bread. I am sure you will win over your date.
If you are looking for more delicious food to make yourself, select [Homemade] under [Meals] on [the recipe page].
If you have any dietary restrictions, always check the labels on the products you are using to make this recipe with. They will tell you if, for instance, your ingredient might contain traces of nuts, your products are made with dairy or if there is a chance the ingredients have come into contact with gluten-containing food or equipment.
Would you like to know more about what to look for when you are buying your products while you have dietary restrictions or preferences? Are you preparing food for someone who does? Check out my articles on [Food and Health] and learn more!
Do you like Mum’s Garlic Butter recipe? Please share it or leave a comment and follow Truthful Food on social media so that you won’t miss out on anything new and delicious!
Let’s Make Some Good Food!
Nutritional Information per Portion
Mum’s Garlic Butter
- 100 g Salted Butter - [See good to know section.]
- 40 g Cream Cheese with Herbs
- 1/8 tsp Maggie
- 1/8 tsp Dried Ground Curry
- 10 g Fresh Garlic
- 3 g Fresh Parsley
- 1/12 tsp Dried Ground Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp Truthful Food Herb Mix - This is optional.
Truthful Food Herb Mix – [See good to know section.]
- 1 tsp Ground Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Ground Onion
- 1 tsp Dried Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Ground Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Dried Ground Parsley
- 1 tsp Dried Ground Chives
- 1 tsp Dried Ground Dill
- 1 tsp Dried Ground Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Ground Caraway Seed
- 1 tsp Dried Ground Fennel
- 1 tsp Dried Ground Tarragon
Other things you need
- Food Scale
- Weigh your ingredients.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature.
- Add all the other ingredients. Make sure you mix thoroughly. [Don’t add all the ingredients listed to make the Truthful Food Herb Mix. – See good to know section.]
- Let the butter sit overnight.
- Let Mum’s Garlic Butter return to room temperature before serving and enjoy!
Good to know
- Storing: Make sure to store your butter in an airtight container in your refrigerator if you are not using all of it right away.
- Shelf Life: The butter will stay good for several weeks if stored correctly.
- Organic: To make this recipe organic, only use organic ingredients.
- Truthful Food Herb Mix: You can make any amount of the Truthful Food Herb Mix that you like. You just need to add equal amounts of all the ingredients. If you use 5 grams of salt, then you need to add 5 grams of all the other listed ingredients.
Know What You Eat
Both when buying food or when making your own, it is important to inform yourself about the nutritional value. Have a look at the nutrition label, learn about your serving size and what nutrients this product will bring to the table.
If you want to compare different products and their values, it is easier to look at a label where the values are given per 100 grams. This way you get a better understanding of the categories certain products belong to when it comes to nutritional values. Is this a product with a high sugar content? Does it contain a lot of fibre? How does this product measure up if I am looking to stick to a low-sodium diet?
Keep in mind that if you are looking to eat healthily, you should not just avoid eating fat and/or sugar. We need both in our daily diet. Make sure however to be aware of where you get your lipids and sugars from. As a rule of thumb, you could say; variation is very important in your diet and in general, the closer your food is to come straight from the source, the better.
If you want to read more about healthy food choices, check out my article [Healthy Food Choices]. Truthful Food also has a continuously growing article category solely focusing on specific ingredients and nutrients for everyone who wants to take a closer look at what you can find in your food.
*All given nutritional information is an indication. Due to differences in how ingredients are produced, where they are purchased and how the recipe is prepared, nutritional values may vary.