Mum’s Blueberry and Walnut Salad! This salad is one of my mum’s quick-fix recipes. It is perfect when you want to make a salad that tastes good, is healthy and easy to make.
Would you like to try out more healthy recipes? Visit [the recipe page] and select [Truthful Living Menu] under [Meals]. This recipe is one of the Truthful Living Recipe options. Are you interested in reading more about Truthful Living Recipes and what Truthful Living is all about? Check out some of the [Truthful Living articles].
If you have any dietary restrictions, always check the labels on the products you are using to make this recipe with. They will tell you if, for instance, your ingredient might contain traces of nuts, your products are made with dairy or if there is a chance the ingredients have come into contact with gluten-containing food or equipment.
Would you like to know more about what to look for when you are buying your products while you have dietary restrictions or preferences? Are you preparing food for someone who does? Check out my articles on [Food and Health] and learn more!
Do you like my Mum’s Blueberry and Walnut Salad recipe? Please share it or leave a comment and follow Truthful Food on social media so that you won’t miss out on anything new and delicious!
- 50 g Fresh Blueberries - [See good to know section.]
- 30 g Toasted Walnuts
- 125 g Grape Tomatoes
- 100 g Seedless Cucumber
- 75 g Lettuce Mix [Kale, Lollo Rossa, Romaine, Spinach] - [See good to know section.]
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Balsamic Glaze - [Check out my recipe!]
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
Other things you need
- Food Scale
- Cutting Board
- Cutting Knife
- Weigh your ingredients.
- Wash all the fruit and vegetables.
- Cut the tomatoes and cucumber into pieces.
- If necessary, tear the lettuce into pieces. [See good to know section.]
- Put the lettuce on your plate.
- Add the vegetables, fruit and nuts to the lettuce.
- Drizzle all the dressing ingredients over your salad.
- Enjoy my Mum’s Blueberry and Walnut Salad!
Good to know
- Storing: Make sure to store your salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator if you are not eating all of it right away.
- Shelf life: The salad will stay good for a few days if stored correctly. If you want to take your salad with you for lunch or dinner, make sure to store your dressing ingredients and nuts in separate containers.
- Tip: Ideally you should prepare the salad right before you eat it.
- Using fresh fruits and vegetables: Make sure to wash fruits and vegetables that do not require peeling.
- Working with fruits and vegetables: Make sure your fruits and vegetables are ripe before you start prepping them. It’s a shame to use ingredients that will not add their full flavour to your dish. As a side note, it is equally important to make sure your ingredients are not overly ripe unless the recipe allows for it.
- Mixed Lettuce: If you cannot find this lettuce-mix, you can, of course, use a different lettuce mix!
Nutritional Information per Portion
Know What You Eat
Both when buying food or when making your own, it is important to inform yourself about the nutritional value. Have a look at the nutrition label, learn about your serving size and what nutrients this product will bring to the table.
If you want to compare different products and their values, it is easier to look at a label where the values are given per 100 grams. This way you get a better understanding of the categories certain products belong to when it comes to nutritional values. Is this a product with a high sugar content? Does it contain a lot of fibre? How does this product measure up if I am looking to stick to a low-sodium diet?
Keep in mind that if you are looking to eat healthily, you should not just avoid eating fat and/or sugar. We need both in our daily diet. Make sure however to be aware of where you get your lipids and sugars from. As a rule of thumb, you could say; variation is very important in your diet and in general, the closer your food is to come straight from the source, the better.
If you want to read more about healthy food choices, check out my article [Healthy Food Choices]. Truthful Food also has a continuously growing article category solely focusing on specific ingredients and nutrients for everyone who wants to take a closer look at what you can find in your food.
*All given nutritional information is an indication. Due to differences in how ingredients are produced, where they are purchased and how the recipe is prepared, nutritional values may vary.
Leave a Reply