Multi-Ingredient Muesli is the perfect blend of eleven ingredients. Nuts, oats, fruit and syrup. For breakfast or lunch, either way, it is the best part of my day! If you are looking for more muesli to make yourself, select [Homemade] under [Meals] on [the recipe page].
If you have any dietary restrictions, always check the labels on the products you are using to make this recipe with. They will tell you if, for instance, your ingredient might contain traces of nuts, your products are made with dairy or if there is a chance the ingredients have come into contact with gluten-containing food or equipment.
Would you like to know more about what to look for when you are buying your products while you have dietary restrictions or preferences? Are you preparing food for someone who does? Check out my articles on [Food and Health] and learn more!
Do you like the Multi-Ingredient Muesli recipe? Please share it or leave a comment and follow Truthful Food on social media so that you won’t miss out on anything new and delicious!
Let’s Make Some Good Food!
Nutritional Information per Portion
- 75 g Rolled Oats
- 65 g Raw Almonds - [See good to know section.]
- 40 g Toasted Walnuts - [See good to know section.]
- 15 g Dried Apricot
- 15 g Dried Cherries
- 15 g Dried Cranberries
- 40 g Salted Pumpkin Seeds
- 15 g Sunflower Seeds
- 15 g Coconut Flakes
- 50 g Maple Syrup
- 25 g Agave Syrup
Other things you need
- Food Scale
- Chopping Board
- Chopping Knife
- Cooking Pot
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Oven Mitts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
- Cover your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Weigh all your ingredients.
- Chop up the nuts and dried apricot.
- Put the pot on the stove over medium heat and mix all the ingredients for about two minutes.
- Spread out the muesli on you covered cookie sheet and put it in the oven for 10 minutes
- Let the Multi-Ingredient Muesli cool down and enjoy!
Good to know
- Storing: Store your muesli in an airtight container and keep it in a cool and dark spot.
- Shelf life: The muesli will stay good for several weeks if stored correctly.
- Nut-Free: To make this recipe nut-free, do not add the almonds and walnuts.
- Organic: Only use organic ingredients.
- Tip: Keep an eye on the muesli while it is in the oven if it is the first time you are trying out the recipe. The muesli is ready when it starts to brown and smell delicious.
- Tip: Make sure your cookie sheet is large enough for the amount of muesli you are making. The muesli should be spread out so it can bake evenly on all sides.
Know What You Eat
Both when buying food or when making your own, it is important to inform yourself about the nutritional value. Have a look at the nutrition label, learn about your serving size and what nutrients this product will bring to the table.
If you want to compare different products and their values, it is easier to look at a label where the values are given per 100 grams. This way you get a better understanding of the categories certain products belong to when it comes to nutritional values. Is this a product with a high sugar content? Does it contain a lot of fibre? How does this product measure up if I am looking to stick to a low-sodium diet?
Keep in mind that if you are looking to eat healthily, you should not just avoid eating fat and/or sugar. We need both in our daily diet. Make sure however to be aware of where you get your lipids and sugars from. As a rule of thumb, you could say; variation is very important in your diet and in general, the closer your food is to come straight from the source, the better.
If you want to read more about healthy food choices, check out my article [Healthy Food Choices]. Truthful Food also has a continuously growing article category solely focusing on specific ingredients and nutrients for everyone who wants to take a closer look at what you can find in your food.
*All given nutritional information is an indication. Due to differences in how ingredients are produced, where they are purchased and how the recipe is prepared, nutritional values may vary.