Banana Walnut and Honey Yoghurt Bowl. Bananas, walnuts, honey and yoghurt. I don’t think that more information is needed to convince you of why you should try this recipe, is there?
Would you like to try out more healthy recipes? Visit [the recipe page] and select [Truthful Living Menu] under [Meals]. This recipe is one of the Truthful Living Recipe options. Are you interested in reading more about Truthful Living Recipes and what Truthful Living is all about? Check out some of the [Truthful Living articles].Banana Walnut and Honey Yoghurt Bowl
If you have any dietary restrictions, always check the labels on the products you are using to make this recipe with. They will tell you if, for instance, your ingredient might contain traces of nuts, your products are made with dairy or if there is a chance the ingredients have come into contact with gluten-containing food or equipment.
Would you like to know more about what to look for when you are buying your products while you have dietary restrictions or preferences? Are you preparing food for someone who does? Check out my articles on [Food and Health] and learn more!
Do you like the Banana Walnut and Honey Yoghurt Bowl recipe? Please share it or leave a comment and follow Truthful Food on social media so that you won’t miss out on anything new and delicious!
- 300 g Yoghurt [non-fat greek] - [See good to know section.]
- 10 g Honey - [See good to know section.]
- 100 g Banana - [See good to know section.]
- 15 g Nuts [walnut] - [See good to know section.]
Other things you need
- Food Scale
- Cutting Knife
- Cutting Board
- Weigh your ingredients.
- Cut the banana into slices.
- Put all your ingredients in a bowl.
- Enjoy your Banana Walnut and Honey Yoghurt Bowl!
Good to know
- Storing: If you want to prepare the yoghurt in advance, or take it with you, store the yoghurt and the toppings in separate airtight containers. Make sure you store the yoghurt and fruit in the refrigerator (or cooler bag if you want to take it with you).
- Shelf life: The yoghurt will stay good for a few days once removed from its original packaging if stored correctly.
- Vegan: To make this recipe vegan, use vegan yoghurt and maple syrup instead of honey.
- Organic: To make this recipe organic, only use organic ingredients.
- Lactose-Free: Use lactose-free yoghurt.
- Using fruit: Make sure your fruit is ripe before you use it. If it isn't, it can impact the flavour of your creation in a negative way.
- Using fresh fruits and vegetables: Make sure to wash fruits and vegetables that do not require peeling.
Know What You Eat
Both when buying food or when making your own, it is important to inform yourself about the nutritional value. Have a look at the nutrition label, learn about your serving size and what nutrients this product will bring to the table.
If you want to compare different products and their values, it is easier to look at a label where the values are given per 100 grams. This way you get a better understanding of the categories certain products belong to when it comes to nutritional values. Is this a product with a high sugar content? Does it contain a lot of fibre? How does this product measure up if I am looking to stick to a low-sodium diet?100 grams Nutritional Label Banana Walnut and Honey Yoghurt Bowl
Keep in mind that if you are looking to eat healthily, you should not just avoid eating fat and/or sugar. We need both in our daily diet. Make sure however to be aware of where you get your lipids and sugars from. As a rule of thumb, you could say; variation is very important in your diet and in general, the closer your food is to come straight from the source, the better.
If you want to read more about healthy food choices, check out my article [Healthy Food Choices]. Truthful Food also has a continuously growing article category solely focusing on specific ingredients and nutrients for everyone who wants to take a closer look at what you can find in your food.
*All given nutritional information is an indication. Due to differences in how ingredients are produced, where they are purchased and how the recipe is prepared, nutritional values may vary.